Base Design matters a lot in Versus Battles – it is responsible for half of your success and no matter how good you are at attacking, if your base gets constantly wrecked you won’t be able to get into the higher Trophy Ranges where the loot is good. I gathered together the latest solid base designs for BH5 and will also update them constantly.
Features of Builder Hall 5:
Good designs have some of the following features:
- Some floating walls and wall gaps to funnel the attackers troops into your traps and into defences they don’t want to deal with first (like the crusher).
- Well placed traps to inflict early damage (mines, spring traps) and pathing chaos (push traps) before the enemy gets into the core.
- Resist both air and ground attack by having air targeting defences and ground targeting defences arranged so as to make any combined/kill squad attack hard (e.g. air bomb next to crusher) and so as not to leave the defences of one type clustered together (e.g. Don’t put air bomb and firecrackers all next to each other in one location.
- Don’t locate defences in easily snipeable locations – it doesn’t help if a defence goes down with only one troop deployed to snipe it at the start.
- Don’t use corner buildings. It isn’t likely to help as there aren’t many 3 stars overall: it’s just giving away easy percentage to give your opponent a higher 2 star. Not only are those undefended structures, they’re also not helping slow the attacker on their way to taking down your defences.
- Use high hp non defence buildings to shelter key defence items that can shoot at the troops taking down those buildings (eg. Long range archer tower inside base behind a clock tower just outside wall).
- Don’t make an anti 3 star design with a very offset BH or worse an outside BH, as that’s giving away 1 star cheaply to begin with.
Builder Hall 5 Base Layouts
Anti 2-Star With Push Traps BH4 Layout
This Builder Hall 5 layout is the logic expansion of the popular BH4 layout that uses the double layer walls. Boxer Giants will always walk towards the open spots and there’s no way to get the Builder Hall without investing most of the troops. The open spots are extremely difficult to come by, because the push traps will push into the Crusher, the Spring Traps are directly behind so it’s likely that your opponent will lose 2-3 Boxer Giants in the beginning and the other troops will get taken down extremely fast. I’ve never seen this base lose more than 1 Star, except if the attacker has well-upgraded Baby Dragons.
Dave’s Builder Hall 5 Layout
Dave sent me his base layout a couple of days ago and I tried it at around 3000 Trophies and saw great results. The Crusher is not centralized, but this helps trapping a lot of attackers as they will start their attack and then die hammering on the walls.
You may like: [Base] 10+ Epic Builder Hall 5 Base Layouts 2017
Troll Maze Builder hall 5 Base Design
This base has a nice general layout. The Crusher and the Double Cannon will be the main element of your defense. The attacker is forced to go for one of them and get crushed by the other. Losing the Builder Hall is almost impossible, since all the defenses have it in range.
You may like: [Base] 8+ New Builder Hall 5 Base Layouts 2017
5 Best BH5 layouts
Defending is a very important part in Versus Battles and having a solid base can help you get a lot of victories, even if you mess up an attack and get a low result. These bases here are all proven to get good results up to 3000+ Trophies and I used all of them myself for at least 20 Versus Battles to see how they perform.
Hope you liked our guide keep visiting Clash of Clans Bases
Tags: #BH 5 - BUILDER BASE 5 | BH 5 BEST BASE | Builder Base #Builder Base Designs & Defense Tips – BH5 2017 #Clash of Clans Builder Base 5: Base Design Tips and Layouts #Search Results 1 BEST BUILDER HALL 5 | BH5 BASE DESIGN LAYOUT | 2800+ #Top Builder Hall 5 Base Layouts 2017